Monday, March 23, 2009

Welcome Shoppers!

Friends often refer to me as the “Queen of sales”. Some people might be offended with that title. Does it really mean “cheap”? I say “who cares!” I love beautiful things. Nothing gets me going like a gorgeous tailored dress or exquisite leather heels. But it kills me to have to pay regular price for stuff, especially when I know a little digging will usually pay off with huge savings to my wallet.

So no, it’s not an insult, and in this time of economic uncertainty, most people who know about my “sales savvy” also come to me asking about where they can get discounts of their own.

I know recessionista blogs exist on the web and this blog by no means is an attempt to dismiss what they do. I’ve subscribed to those blogs but since they’re American, I have found myself all too often chasing down the latest deal on their site only to find out that there is no shipping to Canada or the sale is only for US merchants.

I know I’m not the only one in this unfortunate position, (tragedy really), so this site will serve as a haven for Canadian recessionistas like me, who love beautiful things and love sales almost as much.

Keep reading in coming blogs about my favourite sales spots and inside information on when to shop, how to find out about upcoming sales, etc.

And by all means, even the Queen of Sales needs assistants, so if you know about a great sale that applies to Canadians, send it our way. We Canadian recessionistas have to stick together!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment