Thursday, June 4, 2009

Holts, Chanel, Gucci and more ---- It's SALE Time

Earlier today I went down to Bloor St. (my favourite street in the country).
My fabulous friend (and fellow Chanel-worshiper) Leslie gave me a heads up that Chanel was beginning their sale today.

That's all it took. The "girls" from work got into a cab during our lunch break and headed down to see all the drool-worthy shops on Bloor Street in downtown Toronto.

First stop: Gucci - we ooohed and aaaahed over the sale sandals but our visit was brief. We were headed for Chanel across the street.

When we got there, we headed straight to the second floor and set our sights on the shoes, some of which were 50% off. We all tried on a few but, alas, we all came out empty handed. The pickings were slim. "Not to worry" says I (well, actually I would never use those exact words) "let's check out the Chanel boutique in Holts. They might have more sizes," I added.

So off we went to the second floor of Holts, where our persistence was rewarded. Lots more styles and lots more sizes, but that was at noon today and the store was pretty crowded so I'm guessing that there are considerably less now.

We scored some amazing shoes but unfortunately Leslie, of all people, went home empty-handed.

Carrying our Chanel shoppers, we headed down to the handbag department where I nearly died after the sales person insisted I try on a gorgeous Gucci tassel bag. I was soooo sad to leave it there, but even at half-price $1200 for a bag would be hard to justify for a recessionista.

In any case, the sales assistant promised to let me know when the sales hit the 60%for 70% off range. (And when that happens, you know I'll let you all know!)

In any case, I just wanted to let you all know that the sales have begun. Run to your local Holts, Chanel or Gucci store at once!

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment