Thursday, April 23, 2009

I HEART Matthew Williamson

Yes, I got up extra early and waited in line for 2 hours (although those at the front were there at least for 3).
I bought the pink silk-mix dress, both the gorgeous studded belts and the peacock / purple top.
It's been a while since I've been to an exclusive sale and let me just tell you that the game has stepped up.
I remember the days when people would hoard everything when they first got in and then once they decided what they wanted, they would let everything else go.
Not anymore.
Now, whatever people didn't want, they would hold on to in hopes of trading for something better. Sale castoffs have now become collateral. I couldn't believe it. I felt so bad for the people who came in the door five minutes after me to find nothing on the rack - and no cast offs to trade for something better.

For those of you who didn't make the sale, the items are sold out except for what's left on the mannequin windows. I have it on good authority that the store clerks will be stripping the mannequins on Monday at 10 but it's first come, first serve, and there's only 1 of everything so if you're still coveting some MW, then be there early.

Or, thanks to crafty buyers, many of the items are already for sale on Craigslist and eBay so if you don't mind paying a few extra dollars for some great designer pieces, you can always go there.

As for me, I'm going to start planning tomorrow's wardrobe to include my beautiful, beautiful new black leather studded belt!

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment